The league is an exciting series of Cycle Race events or “rounds” for Youth racing cyclists in the North West run over the summer months.
- NWYL events are a step up from Go-Ride races at local clubs and local midweek race leagues at the various North West venues. The league brings together regional level talent, with more experience for riders.
- The events aim to be longer, bridging the gap to the National events
- Events are run at various closed road venues in the North West
- Each criterium round has 1 or 2 races for each age category. The current thinking is to run a much longer and harder single race, better preparation for National events. The traditional NWYL event has a short race then a long race, at a regional closed road circuit.
- The NWYL encourages riders to experience racing in various cycling disciplines, not just their regular discipline. Off-road rounds may use a format appropriate for the discipline.
- For cycle speedway, bikes are available if you don’t have one.
Above all the league provides a fun series of events, a place for youth riders and their parents to meet, socialise, and gain experience in cycle racing.
The NWYL is a balance between the longer criterium races to help our talented riders, and diversity by including the off road events.
The NWYL will be around again in 2020, watch this space and the BC website!