The league is an exciting series of Cycle Race events or “rounds” for Youth racing cyclists in the North West run over the summer months.
- All riders who finish a race will be awarded league points, with entry into the league tables
- NWYL events are a step up from Go-Ride races at local clubs and local midweek race leagues at the various North West venues.
- The league brings together regional level talent, with more experience for riders.
- The 2021 races are longer and harder single race, bridging the gap between local races and the National events, so better preparation for National events.
- Events are run at the various closed road circuits in the North West.
- Each criterium round has 1 race for each age category.
- After the final event, we are hoping to have a presentation session – more details later.
Above all the league provides a fun series of events, a place for youth riders and their parents to meet, socialise, and gain experience in cycle racing.
The NWYL is a balance between the longer criterium races to help our talented riders, and diversity by including the off road events.
All 2022 NWYL events are run under British Cycling Regulations, and in line with current Covid guidelines.